Grab a loaf of French bread and make up this cheesy garlic bread. A simple and easy garlic bread that is topped with cheese and baked to golden cheesy perfection. This is great to pair with pasta, eat as a snack, or pair with other dinner dish.
This garlic cheese bread takes less than 20 minutes to make and have ready to slice and serve up. A homemade garlic bread that will satisfy your taste buds.
You can make this garlic bread in the oven, air fryer, or toaster oven. This recipe is versatile in how you heat it up, which is handy.
Why Make Cheesy Garlic Bread
- You can make cheesy or just a classic garlic bread
- Budget friendly
- Buy a loaf of bread or make homemade French bread to use
- Homemade Garlic Butter Spread
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
Bread – French bread or any longer loaf will work.
Butter – Now you can use salted just omit the salt in recipe, or use unsalted butter.
Oil – Olive oil is what I used but vegetable or canola work as well.
Garlic – Fresh garlic that is minced is going to give you the best flavor for this garlic bread recipe.
Salt and Pepper – You can season to taste for this.
Parsley – Reach for fresh parsley or freeze dried for a nice pop of green to your bread.
Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese – I used both of these cheeses for this recipe and it really elevates the flavor of this cheesy garlic bread.
How To Make
Full directions for this cheesy garlic bread recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk-through.
Step One: Preheat the oven as directed and then line your baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
Step Two: Slice your loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side of bread face up on the baking sheet.
Step Three: Then in a food processor you will add your softened butter, garlic, oil, and seasonings and blend until creamy.
Step Four: Use a knife and spread a layer of butter on each half of the bread. Aim for an even layer of the garlic bread. I do quite a bit on each but we love garlic.
Step Five: Sprinkle the top of the garlic bread with mozzarella and parmesan cheese Then bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Remove the garlic mozzarella bread and slice and serve warm!
Pro Tip: At the end of cooking you can broil 1-2 minutes on high to help give it a crispier and chewy texture to the cheesy bread.
Refrigerate: You will want to store any bread you do not eat leftover in the fridge. Place in a sealable bag or airtight container. Then to reheat I recommend warming up back in the oven.
Freezer Instructions: You can also freeze the bread before baking if you want to save for another meal later on. Just wrap up or place in a proper freezer container.
Then freeze for 2-3 months. To heat warm up from frozen just add a few extra minutes to allow the bread time to fully warm up.
- Lining a baking sheet with foil or silicone baking mat will help for an easy cleanup. When the cheese melts on pan it can be a pain to clean.
- Freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese offers the best texture. Pre-shredded can cause an oily texture on top of the bread.
- This bread is best served warm and fresh from the oven.
- Add some spice and add on some crushed red pepper flakes.
- You can leave off the cheese for a garlic bread recipe, instead of a cheesy garlic bread.
What To Pair With This Garlic Bread
- Olive Garden Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Vodka Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Sausage Manicotti
- Italian Chicken Pasta
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
- 1 loaf day-old French bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a serrated knife slice your French bread in half lengthwise and then place the cut side up.
- In a food processor add your garlic, softened butter, oil, salt, pepper and parsley. Pulse to combine till creamy.
- Spread the garlic bread on both sides of the bread. You can do as little or as much as you would like. I do a thicker flavor but we love garlic.
- Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy this cheesy garlic bread warm.
Air Fryer Directions - Preheat air fryer to 350 and then place your bread in the air fryer and cook for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Cheese - I used mozzarella and parmesan but you can use just mozzarella, marble cheese, etc.
Garlic Bread - Leave off the cheese for a classic garlic bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.